Last Updated Mar 17, 2022, 9:59 PM
San Francisco Dons vs. Murray State Racers Picks, Predictions, Odds
Sports Betting Expert
The San Francisco Dons (24-9) of the West Coast Conference (WCC) will meet the Murray State Racers (30-2) of the Ohio Valley Conference (OVC) in first-round action in the NCAA Tournament. Tip-off is scheduled for approximately 9:40 p.m. ET at Gainbridge Fieldhouse in Indianapolis, and the game can be viewed on CBS.
Murray State 72, San Francisco 69
Murray State -115 ML
Over 136.5 (-110)
MARCH MADNESS BETTING RESOURCES
- 68 Team Betting Trends
- How to Bet on March Madness
- NCAA Tournament Sleeper Teams
- NCAA Tournament Contenders to Fade
- NCAA Tournament Contenders to Back
- NCAA Tournament Most Outstanding Player Picks
- NCAA Tournament Efficiency Ratings
- Where to Bet on the NCAA Tournament?
SAN FRANCISCO DONS vs. MURRAY STATE RACERS PREDICTIONS
San Francisco was dismissed from the West Coast Conference Tournament by Gonzaga, the No. 1 overall seed in the Big Dance. There's no shame in that game. While the Dons lost for the third time in as many meetings, they fell by just 10 points in the WCC semis, covering a 14.5-point number. It was also their closest pass against the Zags, losing previously by 16 points and 26 points. San Francisco is 4-1 ATS across the past five games.
Murray State lost just two games all season in another great year for the Racers. It enters on a 20-game win streak since last losing at Auburn on Dec. 22 by a 71-58 score as 12-point underdogs. The Racers also suffered a setback on Nov. 22 by a 66-58 score on a neutral floor. That's it. The Racers did post wins over Bellarmine, who won the Atlantic Sun Tournament, and it had a nice 74-72 win at Memphis on Dec. 10, as well as an 87-76 victory over Chattanooga, a fellow NCAA Tournament team. This team enters on a roll, and will be a handful for the Dons of the WCC.
SAN FRANCISCO DONS vs. MURRAY STATE RACERS BETTING ODDS
SAN FRANCISCO DONS vs. MURRAY STATE RACERS BETTING RESOURCES
- Date: Thursday, March 17, 2022
- Matchup: No. 10 vs. No. 7
- Region: East
- Venue: Gainbridge Fieldhouse
- Location: Indianapolis, Ind.
- TV-Time: CBS - 9:40 p.m. ET
- Viewable Brackets & Odds
- Team Trends & NCAA Records
- March Madness History
- East Region Breakdown
- Midwest Region Breakdown
- South Region Breakdown
- West Region Breakdown
SAN FRANCISCO DONS BETTING ANALYSIS
Straight Up - SU, Against the Spread - ATS, Over-Under (O/U)
- SU: 24-9
- ATS: 13-18-1
- O/U: 16-16
The Dons have nine losses on the season, but three of them were against Gonzaga, with two others coming against Saint Mary's. They also had a setback against Loyola-Chicago, another NCAA Tournament team. None of the losses USF had this season were bad except for perhaps a disappointing 69-68 loss at home against Portland on Feb. 8 as an 18-point favorite. But it obviously didn't cost them, as they're here.
San Francisco has covered four of the past five games overall, and it is 4-1-1 ATS in the past six following a straight-up loss. However, the Dons are just 3-7-1 ATS in the past 11 games as an underdog, and they're an awful 3-14 ATS in the past 17 following a cover in the previous outing.
In terms of totals, the OVER is an impressive 16-5 in the past 21 neutral-site games as an underdog, although it hit the UNDER in such situation against Gonzaga in the WCC tourney. The UNDER is 7-1-1 in the past nine neutral-site games overall.
MURRAY STATE RACERS BETTING ANALYSIS
Straight Up - SU, Against the Spread - ATS, Over-Under (O/U)
- SU: 30-2
- ATS: 16-12-1
- O/U: 12-17
Murray State nipped Morehead State in the OVC Final by four points, failing to cover an 8-point number. The Racers were 0-2 ATS in the OVC tourney en route to its automatic bid, cashing the OVER in each outing.
While the Racers have won 20 in a row, they're just 1-4 ATS in the past five games overall, and 3-6-1 ATS in the past 10 games overall. Murray State is 4-1 ATS in the past five against teams with a winning overall record, however, and 8-2-1 ATS in the previous 11 following a non-cover.
For totals, the Racers have managed a 7-3 UNDER record in the past 10 games overall, while going 7-3 in the past 10 as a favorite, too. In addition, the UNDER is 7-2 in their past nine trips to the NCAA Tournament, while going 5-2 in the past seven neutral-site games when favored.
INSIDE THE STATS - SAN FRANCISCO DONS
- Record: 24-9
- PS/G: 77.1 (40th)
- PA/G: 67.0 (113th)
INSIDE THE STATS - MURRAY STATE RACERS
- Record: 30-2
- PS/G: 79.3 (17th)
- PA/G: 62.3 (21st)
KEY PLAYERS TO WATCH
- USF: Jamaree Bouyea - G (17.0 PPG, 5.0 RPG, 4.1 APG, 1.7 SPG, 39.2 3P%)
- USF: Yauhen Massalski - F (13.6 PPG, 9.4 RPG, 2.3 BPG, 1.6 APG, 50.8 FT%)
- MSU: Tevin Brown - G (16.4 PPG, 5.5 RPG, 3.0 APG, 1.4 SPG, 39.3 3P%)
- MSU: KJ Williams - F (18.2 PPG, 8.5 RPG, 1.5 SPG, 54.4 FG%)
SAN FRANCISCO DONS vs. MURRAY STATE RACERS BETTING CONCLUSION
The Dons are the third WCC team to make the field, and some might raise their eyebrows at the at-large bid. San Francisco had a couple of nice wins over Davidson and UAB, a pair of NCAA Tournament teams, as well as against Arizona State, a power-conference team. But all of those quality wins came prior to the holidays, and there really hasn't been any victories of note for the Dons since then.
Murray State has been more consistent this season, although really only the Auburn game is a top-notch opponent it has faced, and they were dropped by double digits. Still, between Tevin Brown, KJ Williams and Justice Hill, the Racers have a nice triumvirate to at least get past the Dons to set up a second-round matchup. Play Murray State straight up on the money line in a slightly higher scoring game than we're used to seeing with these two.
MARCH MADNESS PICK RESOURCES
SAN FRANCISCO DONS vs. MURRAY STATE RACERS BETTING TRENDS
- San Francisco is 4-1 ATS in the past five game overall.
- San Francisco is 3-7-1 ATS in the past 11 games as an underdog.
- San Francisco is 2-5 ATS in the past seven neutral-site games.
- San Francisco is 3-14 ATS in the past 17 after a non-cover.
- Murray State is 1-4 ATS in the past five games overall.
- Murray State is 1-4 ATS in the past five as a favorite.
- Murray State is 4-1 ATS in the past five vs. winning teams.
- Murray State is 8-2-1 ATS in the past 11 after a non-cover.
- The OVER is 16-5 in the past 21 neutral-site games as an underdog for San Francicso.
- The UNDER is 7-1-1 in the past nine neutral-site games for San Francisco.
- The UNDER is 7-3 in the past 10 games overall for Murray State.
- The UNDER is 7-3 in the past 10 as a favorite for Murray State.
- The UNDER is 7-2 in the past nine NCAA Tournament games for Murray State.