Esports New Jersey 2024
New Jersey has a booming sports betting marketplace and now it is seeing the emergence of esports betting. But, because this is a newer addition to the sports wagering world, many betting fans are not familiar with the world of esports. So, we will dive into everything you need to know about this exciting form of sports betting to help you get up to speed!
- How to Sign Up with Esports Sites in New Jersey
- Esports New Jersey Pros and Cons
- Is Betting on esports in New Jersey Safe?
- Esports New Jersey Leagues and Markets
- Payment Options
- Customer Service
- Esports New Jersey FAQ
- Final Thoughts on Esports in New Jersey
ESPORTS NEW JERSEY
New Jersey has one of the largest sports betting markets in the entire United States. Since PASPA was overruled by the United States Supreme Court in 2018, the state has taken advantage of the opportunity to create a great sports betting market. And, the state has legal esports betting, one of the only states that does at this time.
HOW TO SIGN UP WITH ESPORTS SITES IN NEW JERSEY
Now, if you are going to place bets on esports New Jersey, you need to first create an account on an online sportsbook. However, not all online sportsbooks accept esports bets, so do your research to find one that does. Sites like DraftKings, FanDuel, and Betway are good ones to look into.
When you find the best sportsbook for your needs, follow these steps to create your account:
- Make your way to the online sportsbook site or app of your choice. Click on the button that says “Join Now” or something similar to start the registration process.
- Fill out the registration with your personal information. This information could include your full name, email address, phone number, date of birth, and/or social security number. Submit the registration form.
- You may be asked during the registration process to opt in to a welcome offer or to enter in an esports New Jersey bonus code. Do so at the right time.
- You may be asked to verify your new account by clicking on a link that was sent to your provided email address. Click on this link to verify the new account.
- Finally, you will want to deposit some money into your account to be able to place your bets. Choose the best payment method for your lifestyle and make the deposit. Now, you can go out and place your bets!
ESPORTS NEW JERSEY PROS AND CONS
Whether you are planning on betting on sports or esports, there are going to be benefits and drawbacks. And, every online sportsbook will also have its pros and cons. Here are some pros and cons surrounding the idea of betting on esports in New Jersey.
- An interesting new betting market for users to take advantage of.
- Even if you are not a sports fan, you may be a video game fan. So, esports opens up a whole new avenue for event betting to a new sect of fans.
- Esports betting is available on fewer sportsbooks than other kinds of sports betting.
- There can be fewer types of bets offered for this newer market.
IS BETTING ON ESPORTS IN NEW JERSEY SAFE?
When you use a legally operated and regulated sportsbook, you should not be worried. You should be able to safely and securely place your bets on esports on a legal online sportsbook. These sportsbooks use secure servers to keep your information safe.
ESPORTS NEW JERSEY LEAGUES AND MARKETS
Of course, if you are planning on betting on esports, you need to know if the leagues you are interested in are available. You'll also likely want to know the types of bets that you will be able to place. Here we will look into the leagues and markets in a bit more detail.
There are a few esports leagues that have become popular worldwide. Some games lend themselves more easily to esports. The games that you will tend to find for esports betting are:
Some bets that you can place on esports will be similar to the types of bets that you can place on regular sports. For instance, match betting, where you bet on the eventual winner of a match is quite common. Some matches will also allow users to engage in in-play betting while a match is ongoing.
There will also most likely be some kinds of prop bets available surrounding esports. These bets are about occurrences that take place during a match that have nothing to do with the final result of the match. And, the types of bets that you can place on esports are growing every day.
There are some payment options that tend to be accepted on the majority of online sportsbooks. So, you will probably find at least some of these methods on the online sportsbook of your choice. Here is a list of some of the payment options:
- Visa Card
- PayPal (eWallet)
- ACH Transfer (eCheck)
- Online Banking
- Wire Transfer
- Credit Cards
- Debit Cards
There are a few different customer service options that you will tend to find on online sportsbooks. First, you will usually find a help center that is filled with articles that address issues that users can commonly run into. The other forms of customer service you will typically find are (these will connect you to a customer service agent):
- Live Chat (typically the fastest method)
- Through Email
- By Phone
ESPORTS NEW JERSEY FAQ
So, even though we have covered a lot of topics, you may still have some questions. Esports is very new to the sports betting world so this would not be surprising. This frequently asked questions section will help address some of these lingering questions.
HOW LONG HAS ESPORTS BETTING BEEN AVAILABLE IN NEW JERSEY?
Esports betting has just launched in New Jersey this year, in 2021.
WHAT ESPORTS CAN I BET ON IN NJ?
There are a few different esports that you can place your bets on. These include Counter Strike: Global Offensive (CS:GO), Valorant, League of Legends, Dota 2, StarCraft 2, and Fortnite.
WHAT STATES HAVE LEGAL ESPORTS BETTING?
Esports betting is not as widespread as traditional sports betting. The states that have legal esports betting are: New Jersey, Colorado, Tennessee, Nevada, and West Virginia.
FINAL THOUGHTS ON ESPORTS IN NEW JERSEY
Now, even though esports are newer when it comes to sports betting, esports betting has become quite popular. Video game fans and sports fans can both have fun placing bets on esports. You should have learned a lot about the esports betting world in New Jersey.
You should now know how to create an account on an online sportsbook to place your esports bets. And, you should know the types of games that you can place your bets on. Additionally, you should also know the types of bets that you can place on esports on online sportsbooks.
The popularity of esports is growing every day. So, more sportsbooks and more states may have legal esports betting soon enough. Keep your ear to the ground to learn what new developments come about in the world of esports betting.
- ESPORTS MAR 28, 2022
Luckbox Looking to Bring Esports Betting to US & Canada
- ESPORTS MAR 17, 2022
HypeX Review March 2024
- ESPORTS JUL 9, 2021
- ESPORTS DEC 28, 2021
Rivalry Esports March 2024
- ESPORTS DEC 28, 2021
LANDuel Peer-To-Peer Esports Betting
- ESPORTS DEC 28, 2021
Hard Rock Esports March 2024